In advance of the 2017 General Election, the CIOB has produced a short manifesto outlining five interlinked policy proposals for prospective parliamentary candidates and the next Government to consider.
The five aims outlined in the CIOB’s Building the Case for Construction manifesto are as follows:
- Continue support for the Industrial Strategy and recognise construction’s role in improving productivity
- Work alongside the construction industry to support a robust system for training and skills development
- Recognise and address both the opportunities and risks that Brexit will bring
- Ensure quality is at the heart of the nation’s construction programme
- Focus on regional investment in construction to rebalance the UK economy
The CIOB will be writing to prospective parliamentary candidates from all the political parties urging them to consider the importance of the built environment both at a local and national level.