Mark is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Building and a Chartered Environmentalist and has been Chief Executive of contractor Beard since 1999. Mark’s key achievements include developing a culture which is focused on staff development, customer service and continuous business improvement. Mark was Oxfordshire Businessman of the Year in 2004.
Beard is a £140m / annum construction company with offices in Oxford, Guildford, Swindon and Bristol. Beard was West of England Business of the year in 2014
Mark has a variety of outside interests, including:
• Member of EEF National Economic Policy Committee
• Member of Construction Manager Advisory Board
• Member of The Ashmolean Museum Corporate Advisory Board and Trading Committee
• Member of Henley Business School Strategy Board
• Governor of Christ Church Cathedral Choir School
• Patron of Alexander Devine Childrens’ Hospice
Mark is a Patron of Radley College Real Tennis Court and a playing member of the MCC.